This programme is designed to address the rehabilitation process of a joint replacement, which starts soon after the surgery itself. It focusses on both physical and occupational therapy with the aim of getting you moving once again, as well as reducing your amount of pain.
The physical side strengthens muscles and increases range of motion, while the occupational aspect teaches you the correct way to move and manage your daily routines.
Depending on your condition, this programme can be facilitated at your home or at our specialised care centre, both of which ensure that you follow the correct rehabilitation to aid your recovery and to ensure that the surgery was a complete success.
When improvements have been made and you’re ready to leave our care, we will ensure a smooth transition by educating you and your family on ongoing care, continued rehabilitation and correct wound treatment. We can also provide nutritional and exercise programmes that promote healthy living and reduce stress so that your muscles and bones can continue to strengthen.
Our programme treats orthopaedic conditions, such as:
- Musculoskeletal disorders (Including: degenerative joint disease, osteoarthritis/arthritic, rheumatoid arthritis)
- Post-surgical joint replacements or repair (Including: knee, hip, spine surgery or vertebral fusion)
- Other orthopaedic injuries
Through the programme, you can expect to see the following benefits:
- Increased muscle strength
- Improved mobility
- Ability to walk or move safely and securely
- Ability to perform general daily activities