Our Stroke Rehabilitation Programme is aimed at restoring you to your optimum health after a stroke, and addresses all aspects of your wellbeing; including medical, physical, mental and psychological.
Understanding that a stroke may leave you physically weakened or with varying degrees of paralysis, our first priority is to promote your independent movement. Our services, therefore, vary depending on your condition, but could entail re-learning certain coordination and movement abilities, or finding new ways of performing tasks if the damage is permanent.
If required, rehabilitation will be an on-going process to maintain and refine skills. However, when ready to leave our care, we will ensure a smooth transition so that you can maintain and improve your recovery.
The Stroke Rehabilitation Programme is carried out by our medical professionals and includes:
- Strengthening motor skills for muscle strength and coordination
- Educating patients and family on correct and safe caregiving processes
- Mobility and independence re-training with self-care tasks
- Speech therapy
- Addressing psychosocial needs
- Caregiver training, if required
Admission criteria for this programme includes patients who:
- have unilateral weakness, sensory loss, loss of language or loss of vision
- are over 18 years old
- are medically stabilised, with all surgical interventions completed
- can adhere to a comprehensive and intensive rehabilitation programme