Our Pulmonary Care Programme focuses on supervised medical care associated with chronic lung diseases and breathing difficulties. This programmes offers support and treatment for those needing either prolonged mechanical ventilation or non-ventilated pulmonary care, and is dedicated to improving your physical condition by helping you breathe easily and independently once again.
We do this through various rehabilitation techniques and education; focused on pulmonary hygiene and suctioning, as well as nutrition and medication.
As with our other programmes, this includes the necessary support and education on pulmonary care for you and your family. Conditions that can be treated through this programme include:
- Obstructive diseases (including: persistent asthma, cystic fibrosis, emphysema, chronic bronchitis)
- Restrictive diseases (including: sarcoidosis, interstitial diseases, occupational or environmental lung diseases)
- Chest wall diseases (including: kyphoscoliosis, ankylosing spondylitis)
- Neuromuscular diseases (including: Parkinson’s disease, post-polio syndrome, multiple sclerosis, post-tuberculosis syndrome)
- Other lung conditions (including: pulmonary hypertension, pre- and post-lung transplantation, obesity-related respiratory disease)