Spescare’s Neurological Rehabilitation Programme offers rehabilitation care and services for injuries to the brain, spinal cord or nerves. It is a doctor-supervised programme designed for your specific needs and according to the recovery process you require.
With neurological injuries, the sooner you begin rehabilitation and the more time you spend in therapy, the better your chances of recovery. With this in mind, this programme is designed by experienced neurological experts and carried out by a team trained in neurological rehabilitation to maximise comfort, improve movement and abilities, and regain independence sooner.
Rehabilitation therapy is typically given for a minimum of three hours a day for at least five days a week, and can take place in individual and group settings. This comprehensive inpatient programme focuses on:
- Maximising independence
- Safely performing daily tasks of living, such as eating, swallowing, dressing, grooming, bathing and homemaking
- Improving communication, speech and language with spoken and written words
- Improving memory and judgement, as well as balance and coordination
- Walking or using a wheelchair safely
- Improving self-image
- Improving overall mobility, health and independence
Common neurological diagnoses we treat include (but are not limited to):
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Cerebral Palsy
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Neuromuscular Disorders
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome